Today, the goal of the diet, both for weight loss and to treat other risk factors, and for this it is important to find the right diet, such as the TLC diet, a different diet that proposes a change in lifestyle for treating overweight and other risk factors.
Most diets today proposed fast results with minimal effort and will. This does not, however, so are the consequences, easily recovers lost weight and controlling for other risk factors such as hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia or diabetes.
It is therefore important to know the flipside of these fast and restrictive diets, such as the TLC diet.
What is the TLC diet?
The TLC diet or Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes, is a diet was not created to lose weight, but to treat hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia. This indirectly achieved in combating obesity and dyslipidemia directly. This diet emphasizes dietary changes and life to have a better quality of life.
What does the TLC diet consist?
- Calorie intake should be sufficient to maintain a healthy weight.
- The total fat intake should not exceed 35% of total calories.
- Reduce the consumption of saturated fat to less than 7% of the total fat you can eat.
- Lowers cholesterol intake to less than 200mg per day.
- It limits sodium intake to 2.4gm per day.
- Daily physical activity is performed at least 30 minutes per day.
How does this diet work?
The aim is to reduce fat concentration in blood, as well as adipose tissue. In this way to change eating habits and lifestyle, you can lose your weight and reduce cardiovascular risk factors.
Advantages and disadvantages of the TLC diet
- It is a balanced and harmonic diet, but with special food choices. It is important to choose foods that contain good quality fatty acids such as omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, and eliminate or limit foods containing saturated and trans fats.
- It is a healthy diet, which aims to have a better quality of life.
- Proposes educate people to eat, read food labels and select foods that provide nutrients and help you control your weight.
- It is not a designed diet, in the first instance, to lose weight although you uncover lose weight in an indirect way.
- Another disadvantage is that you must always look at the nutritional information of the food, to make sure the values of saturated fat, after, sugars and calories.
Breakfast: 1 cup skim milk with a slice of fresh bread with light fruit.
Mid Morning: One apple.
Lunch: Salad with half cup of brown rice and vegetables with 2 tablespoons several nuts and chopped egg. 1 cup cubed cantaloupe.
Snack: 1 yogurt with a pear or peach.
Mid afternoon: 30gm low-fat cheese.
Dinner: 140gm chicken breast grilled with half a cup of steamed spinach and seasoned with olive oil, garlic and parsley. 1 cup blueberries.
This diet is different from many of the circulating and that while its main goal is not to lose weight, you can achieve and also reduce other risk factors that can harm your health.