The metabolic syndrome is a set of factors that may compromise cardiovascular health. For this reason, it is important to know whether you have risk of suffering, and to do nothing better than to answer 5 questions to prevent the complications of this syndrome.
This syndrome is characterized by elevated several risk factors such as hypertension, hierglucemia, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, obesity (especially android obesity).
For this reason, if you suffer from overweight is important to know if you have risk of metabolic syndrome and its complications can be serious. Today, obesity is considered an epidemic that can lead to deaths from heart attack. Even these risk factors tend to be silent and are manifested when there are complications that severely affect health.
So answer these five questions to help you be vigilant and prevent complications you mentioned earlier.
5 questions to prevent complications of metabolic syndrome:
- Your waist measures more than 88 cm, if you’re a woman or 102 cm, if you are a man?
- Do you suffer from high blood pressure?
- Did your LDL levels or bad cholesterol is high?
- Did your blood glucose levels are high?
- Do you have high triglycerides?
To know if you have more chance of developing metabolic syndrome or not, are important answers you have given to these questions.
- If all answers are NO, the likelihood of metabolic syndrome would be low.
- If you answered 1 or 2 questions that YES, the risk of metabolic syndrome may increase.
- If your answers are YES to 3 or 4 of the total of 5 questions, you may have a higher risk of metabolic risk.
This increased risk of metabolic syndrome, may trigger other diseases directly related to this syndrome, such as diabetes, heart disease or stroke.
This questionnaire can only help you that you are attentive, and you can prevent possible complications in your health. In no way replaces medical diagnosis or studies substantiating the diagnosis.
The metabolic syndrome is a syndrome that can severely affect overall health, so if you suffer from some degree of overweight or obesity is necessary to take preventive measures, lose weight, control your blood pressure, lipid profile and know your fasting glucose.
Remember, the best way to prevent these risk factors is to change eating habits, diet and physical exercise.