Diabetes and obesity are closely related diseases; therefore it is important to know different recipes to help lose weight and lower blood glucose. In this article you will find a light tasty recipe and easy to prepare, such as the low calorie tortilla recipe to control diabetes.
Once you combine these foods and you consider certain forms of cooking, you can get benefits to lower glucose and lose weight.
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and cut.
- ½ medium onion.
- 1 small zucchini cut up in cubes.
- 1 ½ cup red peppers.
- 5 medium chopped mushrooms.
- Vegetable oil spray.
- 3 eggs, beaten, plus 5 egg whites.
- 80 gr. grated low-fat mozzarella.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling. Once ready, turn the oven on medium heat.
- Spray pan with vegetable spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion until golden. Add vegetables until soft, while placing the eggs and egg whites in a bowl and whisk to mix well.
- Spices to taste (if you suffer from hypertension can replace the garlic salt for salt or other salts of vegetables).
- Mix the potatoes with the rest of the vegetables.
- Spray a baking dish with vegetable spray and place the vegetables in the pan and add the beaten eggs with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes, until the tortilla is golden brown.
Once the tortilla is warm, cut into 5 portions. This tortilla is a light, low-fat, fiber preparation; ideal for weight loss and control blood sugar.
This menu can fill in other recipes both savory and sweet, to treat diabetes, without forgetting that these are light; such as recipes with vegetables or lemon sorbet recipe low in calories and sugars.
Remember, diet is essential for controlling blood glucose and weight. Therefore, you do not neglect your diet and improves your life quality.