The wheat bran, as well as being a product of wheat grains, is a nutritional supplement that is included in many diets for lose weight. Nevertheless, it is important to know both its slimming benefits and potential drawbacks. Wheat bran is a natural product that included in a weight loss diet can help you lose weight naturally. Therefore, it is interesting to know more about this cereal.
Firstly, it is interesting to know how to obtain the grain of wheat.
Bran is the result of grinding of wheat grains. Specifically refers to the five outer layers of the grain. Luckily this product is not discarded and can be used as a supplement to treat different conditions, such as overweight and many of its complications.
What is in wheat bran?
Wheat bran contains:
- Insoluble fiber
- B vitamins
- Minerals: Magnesium, selenium, zinc and manganese.
From all its nutritional compounds can be many slimming benefits.
Benefits of wheat bran for diet
- The fiber that contains acts on the absorption of fat, since the captures and prevents its metabolism, eliminating it.
- Fiber increases intestinal motility, reducing constipation or constipation.
- The fiber mobilizes fatty acids deposited, reducing the adipose tissue.
- It provides satiation, as when it makes contact with the juices of the stomach it increases in size by sending signals to the satiety center by reducing appetite.
- It helps control anxiety, by the above-described mechanism.
It is important to have in mind that, although wheat bran has properties that can help you lose weight, it may present some disadvantages.
Disadvantages of wheat bran
Reducing of absorption of minerals and vitamins. Wheat bran contains phytates, substances that inhibit the absorption of minerals and vitamins. As a result of this, the beneficial effect of these active ingredients can be lost. It is important to clarify that not all fiber causes this disadvantage, because it is insoluble fiber (lignin, cellulose and hemicellulose) which own has this disadvantage. To try to compensate for the reduced bioavailability of certain micronutrients, you can consume various types of seeds, which have these minerals naturally.
Irritates the intestinal mucosa. Another disadvantage of wheat bran is the effect that causes the fiber as it can irritate the intestinal mucosa. To avoid this, you can include wheat bran in the diet progressively, slowly to get used to the intestine, preventing intestinal inflammation.
Wheat bran is indicated in the diets to lose weight, but to avoid some disadvantages should take some precautions, such as for example introduce it to the diet in a progressive manner; that way you get all their benefits without disadvantages.