The overweight and diabetes are diseases that are related. So if you need to lose weight and control your blood sugar, you need to know different recipes to help you treat both diseases. This time, we describe about how to prepare chicken enchiladas with low calories and low in sugar.
If you fancy the tasty food and need to lose weight and control blood sugar, you can make chicken enchiladas. This recipe is low calorie, low sugar and low fat.
- 4 cups skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped.
- 12 tortillas.
- 100 gr. 0% fat spreadable cheese.
- 1 tablespoon water.
- 100 gr. chopped bell pepper.
- ½ cup chopped onion.
- Light white sauce.
- One tablespoon grated cheese.
- Vegetable spray.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Cumin, black pepper, salt to taste.
- In a pan put the oil and saute the onion until transparent.
- Meanwhile mixture cheese, water and seasonings. Add onion and chopped cooked chicken.
- Reserve and heats up the tortillas in the oven by enveloping them in aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
- Once ready, remove from oven and serve with a spoon chicken mixture on each tortilla.
- Wrap it place it upside down on a baking previously oiled with vegetable spray. Cover with light white sauce to which add grated cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the enchiladas are scalloped.
This recipe provides fewer calories, fewer carbohydrates and fats. Therefore, it is ideal for weight loss and control blood sugar. If you wish you can eat tasty, but suitable to your needs and your health.
You can serve these chicken enchiladas with a green salad, which you can include avocado. Alternatively, you can complete with a dessert menu low in sugars special to treat overweight and diabetes.
Remember that diet and daily physical activity is essential to control blood sugar and lose weight.